Since I started back on my Clean Eating 21 day fix meal plan again, my goal has been to make a few new recipes that I haven’t made before. I saw a recipe for the Basil Avocado Sauce and figured I would throw it over zucchini noodles. I used my veggetti or you can use a spiralizer, if you don’t have one yet you should definitely get one!
– 1 lb of deveined shrimp
– 4 zucchinis
– 2 large carrots (peeled and cut)
– 1 bell pepper (any color)
– 1 onion
– 1 package of mushrooms
– 4 cloves of garlic
– 2 ripe avocados
– 1/2 cup of basil
– juice of 1 lemon
– red pepper
– garlic powder
– olive oil
– red pepper
1. Cut up all your veggies (onion, pepper, carrots and mushrooms which probably don’t need cutting) then throw them in a skillet with a tsp of olive oil. Seasons the veggies with a little red pepper and garlic powder and saute for about 15 minutes.
2. Use your veggetti or spiralizer to make your 4 zucchinis like stringy pasta. Add a tsp of olive oil to a skillet or pot then add the zucchini noodles to the hot oil and saute them for 6 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently
- Keep a close eye on the zucchini noodles as they cook. If you allow them to stick to one spot for too long, they may begin to burn, stick to the pan, and fall apart.
3. Take your 2 avocados, 4 tbsp of olive, oil, 4 cloves of garlic, 1/2 cup of basil, pinch of salt and throw them in the food processor then add your lemon juice and mix
4. Add a tsp of olive oil or you can add a little butter to a skillet and cook the shrimp for about 2-4 minutes depending on how big your shrimp are (cooking the shrimp should be the last thing you do because they cook so fast)
5. Once your shrimp, veggies, and zucchini noodles are finished cooking I added everything to one big pot then stirred in the avocado basil cream
* Next time I don’t think I will stir in the zucchini noodles, I like putting sauce over the zucchini noodles that way it feels more like Im eating pasta!