I’ve been wanting to try “Riced” Cauliflower for a while now and I FINALLY got around to making it. It was much easier than I thought it would be. The prep time took a total of 20 minutes including ricing my cauliflower and cutting up all my vegetables.
This little peanut scooted around me while I chopped!
1 head of cauliflower
1 package of chicken
Mix of veggies (I used two bell peppers, one large onion, carrots and garlic because that was all I had)
2 handfuls of unsalted or lightly salted cashews
2 teaspoons of sesame oil (you can use olive oil, peanut oil (not paleo), coconut oil, almond oil)
siracha (add as much as you want, I like my meals spicy so I added a decent amount)
4 tablespoons of coconut aminos or liquid aminos (you can use soy sauce or GF tamari sauce but it wouldnt be paleo and Im not a fan of anything SOY and soy sauce has an insane amount of sodium)
Servings: 3-4 (Its hard for me to judge because my husband eats a lot!)
1. Take your head of cauliflower and rinse it off. Then cut off the stem so you only have the florets left.
2. Add your cauliflower to a food processor. I had to add mine in shifts because my food processor is pretty small. Guess I need to invest in a bigger one!
3. Cut up the rest of your vegetables
4. Add your tablespoons of oil to a pan and then add your chicken
5. Once your chicken is about half-way cooked I add the vegetables
6. Add in the coconut aminos to the chicken and veggies & garlic and sautee for a few minutes
7. Then add in the “riced” cauliflower, cashews, and some siracha and sautee for a few minutes then I put the cover on it and let it cook for about 10-15 minutes and stirred frequently
8. I added in a few squirts of siracha at the end and it was ready to go!
Since Im doing the 21 day fix this is how I counted it:
1 red (chicken)
1.5 green (veggies & cauliflower)
1 orange (I know cashews aren’t technically an orange but thats how I counted them #rebel)
1 tsp (oil)
Cant wait to experiment with more “riced” cauliflower recipes!